These candy cane brownies look so adorable and festive, and combine two of our favorite sweets: brownies and hershey’s kisses! The original Pinterest post seemed easy enough, so we decided to call shenanigans to see if they turned out as adorable as pictured.
Our version Pinterest Version
- 1 Brownie Mix
- 1 Bag of Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Mini muffin pan (It works with a normal sized muffin pan, but they don’t look as cute)
- A few candy canes (optional- we crushed them up and put them on top to make the brownies extra festive)
1) Mix the brownie mix according to the directions on the box.
2) Grease your mini muffin pan and fill the cups about 2/3 full with the brownie mix.
3) Unwrap your yummy candy cane kisses and place one in the center of each cup. Make sure not to push the candy all the way to the bottom of the pan so that it doesn’t burn. The tops of the candy kisses will be sticking out the top (don’t worry, because they will be covered when the batter rises in the oven).
4) Bake your candy kiss brownies at 350 degrees for 10 minutes, and then check every 2 minutes until they look done. (ours took about 14 minutes)
5) After baking, be sure to let cool before removing them from the pan. We were impatient and tried to pull them out early, causing some of the gooey brownies to fall apart.
If you want to make them more festive you can add chocolate icing and crushed candy canes (to crush the candy canes, we put them in a bag and lightly hit them with a hammer).
Our peppermint brownie bites turned out exactly like the picture, and were much easier than we anticipated! We revoke shenanigans on this popular festive pin. When we were done baking our cute candy cane brownies we put them on our homemade peppermint candy plate that we made last week to add to the festive look.